Thursday, October 23, 2008

Three out of the five of us are sick

Well I can definitely tell Fall is here. We are sick. We seem to always get sick in October.

Yesterday Avva woke up about 2 AM throwing up. I got up and cleaned her up and put the really icky blanket and sheets in the washer. Found a small bathroom trash can for her to have in case she threw up again. And yes you guessed it she did again and again. Thankfully it was in the trash can and not the clean blanket and pillow case I got her. I made her a pallet on the floor in the living room and I laid on the couch not able to go back to sleep because I was afraid she would throw up again. Well then 6:30 Am rolled around and it was time to wake up the boys for school. I called for them to get up and Levi got up, but Zion sat up and threw up all over the bed. I was thinking not today not another one. I cleaned him up and then got Levi ready and realized I was a little dizzy and achy. I took my temperature and I had 102 fever. I told Zion he was going to have to stay home and he cried. He said, but I won't be able to see my teacher today and I am not going to have perfect attendance this time. I told him it was ok to be sick sometimes and miss school. I woke up Saul and asked if he could take Levi to school and he did without moaning or groaning. I just couldn't leave the kids and I really didn't need to be out in the cold air. As the day progressed there was less and less throwing up. As for myself I seemed to get worse, but tried to stay strong for the kids. When your a mother and sick you sometimes just have to push on and take care of your normal duties whether you feel like it or not.

This morning Zion and Avva woke up feeling great, but as for me not so lucky. I got Levi and Zion ready for school and took them even tho I probably needed to stay in bed.

I am hoping our week will get better.

Sorry I don't have any pictures this time to post.

1 comment:

The Boyd Gang said...

Sure hope you get to feeling better. It is so hard to be sick and take care of children.