Monday, October 27, 2008

Longest Weeked of My Life



I figured after a couple of days of being sick I would be getting better. Well by Friday I woke up for the third morning with fever and not feeling any better. All the kids were definitely better and going full speed. As for me I was going slower than a snails pace. Well actually I think the snail past me six times. I finally had to ask for help from Saul. After school he took the kids to Stephenville for a bite to eat and some ice cream to give me a little time to rest. He brought me back some dinner that night and I took 2 bites and wasn't able to keep it down. But don't tell him that because he made sure he got me exactly what I wanted.

Saturday morning I woke up with 104 degree fever and was really scared. I had never had fever this high and and never felt this sick. Time seem to go by sooooooooooo sssslllllooowww. Levi had a football game that morning and of course Saul is his coach so he had to leave me. He took Zion with him and left Avva. Avva was so good. She laid next to me and and just patted me and said "I'm sorry Mama you don't feel good. I hope you get better."

I tried almost everything I knew to try to get my fever down. After 4 1/2 hours I was thinking that I probably need to go to the hospital. I decided to try one last thing I had seen on tv. I made (yes me..not sure how I did...don't remember doing it)about 10 sandwich bags with ice in them and put them all over my body. After about 30 minutes my fever had dropped to 102 and then finally after another hour it finally broke. I have never sweat that much in my life. I realized that it has been 7 hours since I had gotten up that morning and thought it had only been 2 hours. It is scary to lose time like that. I tried eating some crackers. but my stomach rejected them.

I woke up on Sunday morning with fever again and thinking when will this nightmare ever end. I stumbled out of bed and had to get the kids up. I told Saul that he was going to have to bathe Avva because he didn't do it the night before like I always do. So he got up without grumbling and bathed her. Even though I was feeling nauseated I got Avva dressed and hair done. I immediately went back to bed. As the day went on I saw a little bit of improvement. A little. I hadn't kept any food done in almost 2 1/2 days and I really wasn't even hungry. That was just so strange to me. Not really the way I wanted to lose weight.

Finally it is now Monday morning and I am beginning to feel some better. I haven't had fever in 14 hours and I kept down a piece of toast. I think that I do see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

The Boyd Gang said...

I can't imagine feeling that bad for so long. I hope the rest of your week goes better. I understand that husbands aren't always helpful, but you have got to love them.