Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Very Proud Mama

Levi, my oldest child, asked Saul and myself if he could talk to us after church Wednesday night (March 11, 2009). So after church Levi and Saul went for a drive for a talk. About 15 minutes later Saul came in and said Levi wants to be baptized. I was overcome with emotion. I couldn't believe this was going to happen. We all got back into the vehicle and drove down to the church building. We called one of our elders and his wife to come down to see Levi get baptized. When we arrived at the building there was still one couple still there and we asked them if they would like to stay. Saul and Levi went back and got changed into different clothes. I saw Saul walking down the stairs into the water and he was gasping like it was cold. Well turned out the heater the heats the water was not working so it was cold and the night it was in the 30's outside. So as I saw my oldest baby come down those stairs and it really hit me that my baby is not a baby anymore. Saul baptized him and I just cried like a baby. I was so proud of him. After he came out from drying off and changing I hugged him and he was crying too. I was soooo proud of him.

2 comments:

The Jones' said...

Amen!

Crystal said...

What a joy to have another brother in Christ. We are very happy for you all.